Gel-Pak's Gel-Slide (CD Series) consists of a 2" x 2" pocketless glass slide stored in a plastic hinged box. Gel-Pak's proprietary Gel coating is applied directly to the surface of the glass slide. Same as the Gel-Box and Gel-Tray®, it is intended for manual applications in which devices are loaded and unloaded using tweezers or fingers.
The Gel-Slide is similar to the Gel-Tray, but with one major exception; the Gel-Slide can be used in applications up to 220°C for extended periods of time. The Gel-Slide is designed for higher temperature applications such as bonding and reflow where a plastic tray will not work. The CD glass slides are also ideal for back side inspection due to their optical clarity.
Gel-Slide (CD Series) Products are available in many configurations:
- Standard Gel retention levels XT, X0, X4, X5, and X8 to accommodate variations of device size, weight and surface roughness. Also available with Process B film.
- 2" x 2" hinged box available in various bottom/top configurations using transparent (T), conductive black (C), and transparent antistatic (AS) materials.
- Gel-Slide available in clear glass material only.
- A wide assortment of optional printed grid patterns readily available. Custom prints (grids, company name, logo, etc) can be created upon request.
- For your specific device sizes, refer to the Die Calculator Program to determine the number of devices per box type.