Gel-Pak Vacuum Release™ (VR) Trays
This extremely versatile "pocketless" tray securely holds fragile devices including bare die during shipping, handling and processing. It is ideal for high-volume pick and place applications.
The surface of the VR carrier uses a proprietary Gel or non-silicone Vertec™ film membrane over a mesh material to hold components in place until they are released by applying vacuum to the underside of the tray.
Vacuum Release Tray Applications:
- Extremely fragile or thin devices.
- Handling bare die.
- No contact with edges or top surface of device.
- Handling device sizes (X,Y) ranging from <250 micron to 75mm.
- High-volume automated device Pick & Place applications.
- For your specific device sizes refer to Die Calculator Program for determining the number of devices per tray.
Vacuum Release Configurations:
- Wide range of tack levels.
- 2” & 4 “ tray size based on JEDEC standard.
- Gel or Vertec Film membrane.
- Available in variety of tray/lid /hinged box combinations:
- Conductive Black
- Transparent Antistatic
- Can be customized with print or grid.
Choosing the Correct VR Tray
Choosing the right VR mesh size depends on the X, Y size of your device. To optimize offloading performance Gel-Pak provides a wide range of mesh geometries (16, 33, 76, 103, 137, and 195)
The Gel or Vertec film membrane used in the VR Tray is available in a variety of tack levels ranging from ultra-low to high.