LS4 Waffle Pack Lid
LS4 WAFFLE PACK LID (GP-LS4-LID-T)
Shipping today’s thin die (<250µm) in industry standard 4” waffle packs presents a challenge for many semiconductor manufacturers. Thin devices packaged in these 4” chip trays have a tendency to migrate out of pocket causing increased cost in rework labor and yield loss.
Gel-Pak’s LS4 padded waffle pack lid prevents thin die from migrating out of 4” waffle pack/chip tray pockets during shipping and handling. The LS4 lid, based on same technology as the patented LCS2 lid, is designed to work with Gel-Pak’s standard 4” clip which tightly compresses the tray and lid to prevent die migration.
LS4 FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Uniformly seals each individual tray pocket
- Helps compensates for common waffle pack lid/tray warpage conditions that create gaps that enable die migration
- Saves significant costs associated with yield loss, rework labor and RMAs caused by die migration issues Integrated anti-static Tyvek interleaf material
- Eliminates the manual placement and misalignment and/or pinching of Tyvek paper when loading waffle pack
- Static dissipative padded lid (SR < E9 ohms)
4" Padded Waffle Pack Lid Diagram
Die Migration under X-Ray